Stránky

piatok 25. novembra 2011

Arabic Culture: Bittersweet by Rumi

If...
if you don't have enough madness in you
go and rehabilitate yourself...

if you've lost a hundred times the chess game of this life
be prepared to lose one more...



Have you ever read something, which gave a new dimension to your life? Some book, or poem? I ´m not some great fan of literature, but there is someone who made me watch the poems in different way - Maestro Rumi.


Jalāl ad-Dīn Muḥammad Balkhī
1207 - 1273 A.D.
better known as Rumi, was a Persian poet and also a founder of sufism
and my favourite poet in the world!



I swear, I will give time for sufism, because, it is one very interesting part of arabic culture :D
Well, everyone has some favourites which are made by their favourite author and this is mine - Bittersweet


Bittersweet by Rumi

In my hallucination
I saw my Beloved´s flower garden
In my vertigo
In my dizziness
In my drunken haze
Whirling and dancig like a spinning wheel

I saw myslef as the Source of Existence
I was there in the beginning
And I was the spirit of love
now, I am sober
There is only the hangover
And a memory of love
And only the sorrow

I yearn for happiness
I ask for help
I want mercy

And my love says:
"Look at me and hear me,
because I am here, just for that."

I am your moon and your moonlight, too
I am your flower garden and your water, too
I have come all this way, eager for you
Without shoes or shawl

I want you to laugh
To kill all your worries
To love you
To nourish you

Oh sweet bitterness

I will soothe you and heal you
I will bring you roses

I, too have been covered with thorns ....

And, like a lightning from the clear heaven, I found this fan video :D Connection of Kingdom of Heaven and Rumi´s poem!!!! I´ve never seen better fanvideo than this! Enjoy....



It is voice of Madonna, she has sung this one poem of Rumi for CD with Rumi´s poems :D
I must say, the clips from movie, music, and poet made me cry for the first time I saw it...and then second time....and third.... :P Kingdom of Heaven is something very very special, very mystic, very emotional for me. I´m fanatic and I don´t have enought strenght to fight it. 

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára